News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Something Even Worse Than Airflo Floating Fly Lines .................

Started by Wildfisher, September 19, 2015, 12:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

............ Airflo wading boots..

After just one season, now headed for the bin. They have been repaired 3 times, they started to fall to bits first time on.

[attachimg=1]

I will NEVER buy another Airflo product, save perhaps a poly leader.  :roll:

SoldierPmr

You been hill walking in them Fred? :lol:

The quality looks awful how much were they?

Wildfisher

I recall they were  around £120.

I don't  think the price matters as I firmly believe wading boots are utter crap and will fall to bits no matter how much you pay. OK on the manicured chalk stream or local rezzie, but for wild fishing they don't cut it.

SoldierPmr

It's shocking that they cost so much and didn't even withstand 3 trips you can get decent walking boots which will last for years for the same price. Are you going to contact Airflo?

Wildfisher

I  just checked, they were £100. As  I said they started to fall apart 1st day on. Unfortunately I was in NZ  at the time so had to mend and make do. Utter crap.

Bobfly

Why not send them that photograph and a note of your invoice number.
Tell them you want replacement boots or a full refund or you will tell lots of folk their gear is rubbish ......  :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Quote from: Bobfly on September 19, 2015, 03:35:48 PM
or you will tell lots of folk their gear is rubbish ......  :D :D

A quick google would seem to indicate everyone already knows this.  :lol:

haresear

That is particularly bad. I remember we were buying glue to fix those excuses for boots pretty much right away in NZ.

As Fred will recall my brand new Simms Vapor boots also started to fall apart at the stitched panels in NZ, but at least the soles were and still are okay. The stitching hasn't deteriorated any further I'm happy to say, but then the going on the Clyde etc. is a far cry from the likes of the Wangapeka :)

The stitching where two different materials meet is where my boots usually start to go. On the three pairs of Simms I have owned, the soles have never delaminated, but that has been a common fault on Snowbees and others.

On my next trip to NZ, where the going is tougher than anything I have fished in the UK, I intend to wear walking boots. We are mostly just wet wading anyway.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Quote from: haresear on September 19, 2015, 04:25:25 PM
Clyde etc. is a far cry from the likes of the Wangapeka :)

I hear that the Clyde bees also taste better      :lol:

haresear

Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page