News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Something Even Worse Than Airflo Floating Fly Lines .................

Started by Wildfisher, September 19, 2015, 12:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki1312

Quote from: admin on September 19, 2015, 01:02:55 PM
I recall they were  around £120.

I don't  think the price matters as I firmly believe wading boots are utter crap and will fall to bits no matter how much you pay. OK on the manicured chalk stream or local rezzie, but for wild fishing they don't cut it.

Have had a pair of Simms wading boots for 4 seasons now . Expensive if my mind serves me right they were about £170 . But built like battleships . First couple of seasons they were out 2/3 times a week . Highly reccomend
Every day is a school day

Suki1312

Every day is a school day

Wildfisher

I fish in  a lot of different situations. On sandy or gravel bottoms I don't need studs, but mostly  the beds are mixed and rocky and not to have studs is extremely dangerous.  For instance on my local river you would easily get away with no studs on most of it, but on the Luther, West Water or the upper  North Esk you would break your neck.   I can think of a lot of lochs that are the same. Felt soles are banned in many places now. For example if you try to take a pair of felt soled wading boots into New Zealand the bio security guys at the airport will confiscate them. Felt soles are also deadly on wet grass or heather

Lochan_load

Not too keen on studs myself, I find they are very harsh on pub floors  :lol:

Wildfisher

corsican dave

Quote from: Lochan_load on September 28, 2015, 10:33:13 PM
Not too keen on studs myself, I find they are very harsh on pub floors  :lol:
not too good in canoes or kayaks either....
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Before and after. No point in half measures.  :8)

[attachimg=1]

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Seems a real shame to spend that money and do all of that work right at the end of the season.

I guess I'll just have to go to New Zealand after the New Year in order to justify it.  :8)

Bobfly

Grand job on those soles. They look the business now for sure !!  :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page