News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Scruffy soldier muddler, first fly for months
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

And a pink tailed claret[attachimg=1]

corsican dave

they're lovely. have never got the hang of proper muddler heads, but fishing them has always been very productive. nice tying!  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

Cheers folks, the long barred feather is grey mallard dyed pink (was supposed to be claret!) just a few strands tied in randomly, gives a kind of leggy look.

Lochan_load

One more before I stick the stuff away, hopefully not for months this time!
Invicta muddler
[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Andy, good to see you're tying again. They're the 'dugz bawz' as we sometimes say in the west! I like them all but I really like the Invicta Bumble job. I've never seen a muddler with the full 'bumble' Guinea or Jay hackle before. It's usually one or the other. I'll bet it's a killer. ;-)

Lochan_load

Cheers  :D I ditched the wing because I thought it was pretty pointless on a muddler and spun the Guinea much like I would cloak mallard on a dabbler, that's how I usually do it as it means you can control the length without trying to find a perfect feather, pretty chuffed with the invicta

Lochan_load

Silver invicta variant
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

And a dunkeld of sorts, bit untidy at the head but hair adds a lot of bulk on a smaller fly (size10)
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

A j/c ballcock, stole this off Stan headley  :worried
[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page