News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

china

Started by loch coulter, April 30, 2016, 03:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loch coulter

i am thinking about buying a 9ft 5 weight rod with aluminium tube from a company in china,
the rod looks good in photos and is reputed to be fast action, weighs about 3 1/2 ounces,
cost is about $40 for rod,$15 for tube and postage is$34=about£60 sterling think i will chance it but wondered if anyone on the forum has had any dealings with chinese regarding fishing rods or reels. :?

ianmck

I've had some dealing with a company called leichi (i think thats the name). Not rods or reels mainly fly tying gear, but it was all decent quality. A lot of the expensive branded stuff you see over here is simply the same items from these factories with there own brand attached and a 300% price hike. :lol:

Worth noting you may get charged import tax though.

Inchlaggan

Not  fishing gear, but I get a lot of woodworking stuff from China. I have never been charged any tax and postage is usually free.
On Amazon look out for one month delivery times and suppliers such as "Sourcingmap", it usually turns up in a couple of weeks and the savings can be astonishing. A particular toggle clamp costs around £12 each here (plus delivery), I can get two for £3.50 (free delivery). They are identical.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

shad

£60 will take you over the import tax level so probably expect £20 at this end.

Im sure the stuff will be fine, most likely from the same factory as stuff sold over here.

loch coulter

my worry is the tax level, bought an anvil atlas vice couple of years back from the states and saved about £40 but had to pay £30 tax here plus had to travel to edinburgh ti pick it up! :x

shad

Ive bought a lot of stuff from abroad but never had to go to Edinburgh to pick it up, they usually deliver after the duty/vat/handling is paid.

To be honest If I was looking for a rod Id just watch ebay,lots of hardly used stuff going on there.

burnie

Mixture really, some stuffs fine, but I know of people receiving empty boxes from the Far East

JimJams

Quote from: loch coulter on April 30, 2016, 08:14:49 PM
my worry is the tax level, bought an anvil atlas vice couple of years back from the states and saved about £40 but had to pay £30 tax here plus had to travel to edinburgh ti pick it up! :x

Exactly the same as me! Thought i was being smart saving the money and waiting the month to receive it! Only to end up paying a UK price and waiting ages for it!

Go To Front Page