News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Orvis Recon Rods

Started by Wildfisher, April 19, 2016, 10:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

http://www.orvis.co.uk/recon-freshwater-fly-rods?adv=24414&cm_mmc=BrandPS-_-Brand-Fishing-_-OrvisReconRodBroad-_-OrvisRecon&gclid=COTq8YC_m8wCFcfgGwodsKUDdQ

Anyone tried these? I was in the Orvis shop in Banchory yesterday and it was full of them. They do some interesting lengths and weights and are in the mid-price bracket. Nice slim blanks and look well made.

arawa

I had a cast last year with a 9 ft 5-weight and was impressed with the rod. It felt light and well balanced and there was nothing at all wrong with the finish etc.  Just prior to trying the Recon I had been fishing with my elderly RPL+ (which I love) and to my mind the action was pretty similar.
I have a 3-weight Helios and while I cannot compare its action (being a mid flex) to the Recon I tried it was not obvious to me why there should be such a price difference.
I did not use Recon enough to give a firm recommendation but it is well worth a look.

corsican dave

don't know about the recon, but I tried a mate's helios last week and I would buy one without hesitation. well, okay; minor hesitations. I can't afford one and I don't need another rod... :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page