News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Something Even Worse Than Airflo Floating Fly Lines .................

Started by Wildfisher, September 19, 2015, 12:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Alex had Korkers, can't remember how he got on with them.  I'd be very nervous about taking boots with swap-able soles to the tough conditions in New Zealand, but could be wrong.

Lochan_load

Think id have my reservations about an interchangeable sole, i do  a fair few miles in my wading boots so they take a hammering. The sonik ones I bought last winter (£65) have a good sole and are comfortable  enough for walking but the upper is synthetics leather and all the coating is coming off from the heather/scrub and rocks. I'm starting to accept that wading boots are pretty much disposable and will only take a couple of seasons max, I've been tempted to pay the extra for Simms, guideline etc but not convinced they'd last me any longer,

Andy

corsican dave

sorry, it was the sonic sk4 boot I was talking about earlier, not skb. yep, Andy; my uppers disintegrated pretty quickly. far too flimsy. the pull on loops broke within a month or two and the foam in the cuffs collapsed. reflected in the price, so no real complaints
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

haresear

Quote from: admin on September 21, 2015, 01:00:38 PM
Alex had Korkers, can't remember how he got on with them.  I'd be very nervous about taking boots with swap-able soles to the tough conditions in New Zealand, but could be wrong.

I still use my Korkers, but only from time to time. They are the old model, bought about 10 years ago and are still very comfy to wear. I tend only to wear the studded felt soles. The main reason I bought them was for a trip to Canada which involved a drift-boat trip, so studs wouldn't have been welcome in the boat..

The stitching on the uppers is now beginning to wear and one of the detachable felt soles has recently started to come detached of its own accord. I was thinking of putting a self tapper through the sole to keep it permanently attached. 

Although the Korkers coped perfectly well with the Canadian rivers, some of which are quite rugged, I wouldn't take the risk of taking them to New Zealand. As I said in an earlier post, it will be walking boots for me if I get back to NZ.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Lochan_load

So far it's only the upper that's gone but not done as much fishing over the summer as usual, ill persevere until they're really gubbed!!

Wildfisher

I had a drive up to the Orvis shop in Banchory today and bought these.

http://www.orvis.co.uk/p/access-wading-boot-w/vibram/16fy

Took the waders and got a perfect fit. They seem to get good reviews from users. I like the D ring for attaching the waders gravel guard front  hook, that will help the laces last a lot longer.

They look very well made, solid with double stitched uppers. At least if they fall to bits I know they will give me a replacement pair.

speydulika

Quote from: admin on September 28, 2015, 03:37:37 PM
I had a drive up to the Orvis shop in Banchory today and bought these.

http://www.orvis.co.uk/p/access-wading-boot-w/vibram/16fy

Took the waders and got a perfect fit. They seem to get good reviews from users. I like the D ring for attaching the waders gravel guard front  hook, that will help the laces last a lot longer.

They look very well made, solid with double stitched uppers. At least if they fall to bits I know they will give me a replacement pair.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Put studs in the bottom  :shock:

Wildfisher

Already have done .........at least the 15 studs I had  - more on order .......... wading boots with no studs are lethal.

Bobfly

They look the business !! Good solid piece of kit that should last properly.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Highlander

Quotewading boots with no studs are lethal.

Only on bottoms they were not designed for. Always been a bit of a compromise as to what ones to use. Suppose it depends on where type of riverbank.bottom one fishes has. Having said that studs are probably the better for all round use.
Studded felt possibly?

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Go To Front Page