News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Your flies are looking cracking Fred, I'll be doing some of those at some point, here's a blue Delphi using my newly dyed blue cape. I ditched the jungle cock tail, don't think it would last long, went for tippet and jc cheeks, don't think the fish'll mind

[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

And a wee blue and silver muddler

[attachimg=1]

loch coulter

sorry about picture quality, think my battery needs charged, tied on b160 size 12, body is some micro fritz i found fiery brown and gold[attachimg=1]

bibio1

That fly has caught me a lot of fish.

Lochan_load

8 long muddler. Sunburst and orange as an attractor

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Dirty Poly March Brown

[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

It's amazing to think that the two flies shown above will catch the same fish on their day ! I really like them both. That Muddler looks fantastic and you can bet it will work well on the bob as a loch salmon / sea trout attractor. The March Brown will be presenting a great profile or 'footprint' and it's just got 'the look' . Some really nice tying being shown off on here.

scoobyscott

Today I've mostly been tying tungsten jigs for the point when chasing ladies. Nothing new but hopefully effective [attachimg=1][attachimg=2]
Fred I tied basically the same pattern as that march brown and it serves me well on the few occasions I used it floats like a cork too.

corsican dave

Quote from: Lochan_load on December 12, 2014, 04:47:22 PM
8 long muddler. Sunburst and orange as an attractor

[attachimg=1]
i'm going to catch a lot of pike on this!  :8) and maybe even a scourie whumper...
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

Dave, Tied it up for my uncle, he'll be hoping for a salmon on it. I like it though think I'll do myself a couple  :lol:
Goats toe with a couple of turns of claret hen at the front, think it sets it off nicely[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page