News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

It sets it off really well I reckon. Looks like a nice colour combination to me.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

bibio1

Bring loads of them to south uist

Lochan_load

I'll definately be tying up a few and variants, I reckon a silver mirage  tinsel rib would be decent instead of the red floss, blue hackle?? Possibilities!

Wildfisher

Olive Dun.  A no nonsense 2 minute tying.

Olive grizzle hackle, olive thread, yellow Aero Wing yarn. No pointless biots,  no fragile quill, no dubbing, not even any head cement! If you loose it in a tree, it's no big deal.

These are the kind of flies that catch most of my fish.  I'd tie a dozen in 12, 14 and 16 - give some of them a dun Aero Wing yarn wing and a ginger hackle. I'd trim some of them flush underneath - it's then functionally a parachute fly and a decent spinner pattern.

Flies really don't have to be complicated

[attachimg=1]

Suki1312

It don't get better than easy flies to tie that work Fred . My kind of fly.
Every day is a school day

Lochan_load

Fred could you recommend me (and everyone else) a bob wyatt book to have a look at?

Wildfisher

I'd buy  "What Trout Want: The Educated Trout and Other Myths"  it's an epic work. 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Trout-Want-Educated-Other/dp/081171179X

For the flies he has 2 DVD's  "Flies That Catch Fish" This is an example from one of them

Fly tying Bob Wyatt ties his Snow Shoe Hare Emerger

Part-time

Quote from: Lochan_load on December 18, 2014, 09:46:57 PM
Fred could you recommend me (and everyone else) a bob wyatt book to have a look at?

I think he's only written two as far as I know - the one Fred mentions and Trout Hunting. I'd buy them both; trout hunting has the bit in it about fishing a certain wee river in a spate :wink:

Lochan_load

Cheers I'll have a look tomorrow. If there's any more info like that it should be worth the money  :D

Lochan_load

I've bought what trout want but trout hunters seems to be a bit of a collectors item and the cheapest I could find it was £40  :shock:
Before bob puts me off wet flies forever ;) here's that blue and silver goat I was talking about

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page