News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

I bought a t&s today to pass 2 hours on a train, not much in it other than a fascinating article about catching trout at grafham by a very clever chap called stan  :worried
Apart from that I saw this little snatcher which I thought was nice, dropped the jungle cock cheeks, thought they were a bit pointless
[attachimg=1]

SoldierPmr

Quote from: Lochan_load on December 28, 2014, 05:47:29 PM
I bought a t&s today to pass 2 hours on a train, not much in it other than a fascinating article about catching trout at grafham by a very clever chap called stan  :worried
Apart from that I saw this little snatcher which I thought was nice, dropped the jungle cock cheeks, thought they were a bit pointless
[attachimg=1]
I'm liking that blue sparkly dubbing. Tied a snatcher my self the other night but how do you fish them? Same as a trad wet or more static?

Lochan_load

I suppose the answer to that is however you want! I don't fish anything static but might slow down or speed up my retrieve, I would fish this just the same as other wets, would work well on a washing line I think with a dry/hog on the point. The dub is hares mask mixed with Ice dub.
This is basically a mini lure, think I'm going to fish more point flies like this.
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

This is kind of multi purpose, probably what you would call a buzzer but I would use as a nymph or emerger as well
[attachimg=1]

SoldierPmr

Lucky enough to get my wife's hand me down phone so pictures should be better.
Here is that snatcher
[attachimg=1]

corsican dave

Quote from: Lochan_load on December 28, 2014, 06:32:56 PM
This is kind of multi purpose, probably what you would call a buzzer but I would use as a nymph or emerger as well
looks appetizing! I might try that with a couple of very thin strips of brown foam over the top instead of the feather. should float like a b"%*ard then!
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

garryh

the snatcher as devised and fished by the guys who developed it was much sparser than most of the pictures i see on the internet.it was developed as a hatching buzzer and fished static or very slowly,pulling just fast enough to take up slack line caused by a drifting boat.dress it too heavily and it is just a palmer on a curved hook .of course these will catch fish .but they aint really snatchers.on a size 10 hook no more than 4 turns of hackle down the body including a full turn at the head.use chinese hackles for best effect or strip the fibres from one side of a genetic .that is advice i was given straight from the horses mouth.

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Lochan_load

You're totally right Gary, it's been developed now and used as a palmered wet fly, good fly too but not the original intention, the one I posted is from t&s and it listed a cock palmered body and hen hackle at the shoulder so it is, like you say, a traditional wet on a curvy hook.
Another mini lure, blue and silver for peaty water, cant wait to try these
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

A wee trio of muddlers, size 10 long. For my own box for a change  :P
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

A wee scruffy snatcher, size 14,  closer to the original dressing and not so 'wet'[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page