News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Moray

Quote from: Alan on January 15, 2011, 02:23:02 PM
i'm cutting my lines back to 75', the outer limit of controlled dry fly presentation, in protest against distance casting :crap
Not quite in the same league as burning ?1million on a beach, but a significant gesture  :D
Do you need me to bring a tape and scissors ?, and Alex can video it on his Lady GaGa glasses ...

Malcolm

...and now the real reason...don't let him fool you Alan is competitive! He has no doubt figured he'll have a better chance of beating Alex in a cast-off by using a shooting head.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Wildfisher

Quote from: Malcolm on January 15, 2011, 04:00:57 PM
...don't let him fool you Alan is competitive

but he only sings when he's winning.  :lol:

gasman

There was a good turnout today at the Casting Club, both single and double handers.
The wind was a bit on the high gusty side, also the grass was more like a wet sponge.

[attachimg=1]

How many forum members are in this photo,and who can spot  Allan.

All the best,
Gary  :D

Inchlaggan

Dunno, but it is an awfie tall goalie, and he'd better not sit doon sharpish.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

gasman

Alan you are in the photo,but that big Goalie Aweman is in front of you.  :lol:

Gary  :lol:

Malcolm

The stiff breeze kept us honest today.  Nice to meet Andrew Moray for the first time. 
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

aweman

The question must be asked what was Alan doing behind my coat ?   I saw Malcolm cast 103 ft with a 3wt line amazing.

haresear

I went along for the first time snice Christmas. The strong following wind destroyed our backcasts and flattered our forward casts, but it was fun to be out.

It was nice to finally meet Tony aka Andrew Moray at long last.

I had a wee play with my video sunspecs, so we'll see how that turned out later.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Andrew Moray

It was nice to see Alan, gasman and aweman again, and of course, to meet Malcolm and Alex for the 1st time.
Got excellent pointers from Alex and Alan about my rollcast technique, and learned a cast I'd never seen before by Malcolm.

Well worth staying off the demon drink, and getting to bed nice and early the night before to head down and meet a great bunch that will happily give of their time to help you out.

Go To Front Page