News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

Quietest night ever last night. I'm 100% convinced that fly fishing really isn't for small children even with the lightest of rods. Much better to learn with a fixed spool reel. I'd be shot if I suggested that in some quarters.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Wildfisher

Quote from: Malcolm on July 01, 2011, 10:41:21 AM
Much better to learn with a fixed spool reel.
Agreed. Trouble is many of the kind of  places kids could  go when we were  nippers are now effectively out of bounds. "Fisheries"  full of scabby rainbows that are too expensive for children  or do not allow kids unless accompanied by an adult. 

scotty9

Does anyone have either 10 or 11 weight floating or intermediate single handed lines that I could possibly try out at the club?

Malcolm

I have WF10F, WF12I, DT10F - if I'm there I'll bring them along.
To jaw like this

scotty9

That would be great Malcolm, not sure if I'll be there on thurs, could be fishing!

gasman

The shoot out was good last night, I enjoyed it.
Yes the rings would be easier to see.

Gary :8)

scotty9

Next time, do it in daylight!  :lol: That's no excuse for my misses but it definitely affected everyone I am sure. Very fun though, look forward to more challenges.

And for distance, next time we need a long belly line... it goes further  :8)

Malcolm

Official measurer here!
Results were
Acuracy

Craig (Buster1980)
Billy
Alan
Scott(Scotty9)

Distance

Craig
Billy
Scott
Alan

The distance one would have been won by Scott if it was the end of the line rather than the fly but with a trick cast he managed to land his fly 8 ft behind the leading edge of the line!
To jaw like this

scotty9

Did the second one not turn over either? Dammit! Should have grabbed the line on the shoot  :lol: My delivery was certainly noticeably not good, time to hit the practice range!

gasman

I will be at the casting  club next Thursday,then I am of to Barra for three weeks.

Gary

Go To Front Page