News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Old, unwanted 9/10# reel anyone?

Started by Midgie Hater, March 16, 2014, 10:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midgie Hater

Wondered if anyone had an old, but sound 9/10# reel they no longer use and were looking to offload,  for something around or under £20?  I realise that's a cheeky price, but i'm looking for something functional rather than top-notch because I suspect it won't be used too often. Maybe with a line (floater or intermediate) too? Obviously prepared to pay a little extra if that's included as well.

Thanks, Les

Wildfisher

Try fleabay for an Okuma airframe 7/9  that will be big enough.  I have one with #10 line on it + backing. You should get one for £20

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Okuma-Airframe-Large-Arbor-Fly-Reel-7-9-Line-Weight-/360424925447?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Fishing_Reels_JN&hash=item53eaffe907

Midgie Hater

Thanks Fred. Yes, I remember when posing this question earlier in the year an Okuma via Ebay was suggested and i've bookmarked a few possibilities, as well as other non-Okuma reels too. Just occured to me to put it out there in case anyone had something they no longer wanted which was gathering dust :0 Cheers.

corsican dave

Les, don't know if you're still looking, but i've got an airflo balance 9/11 with a spare spool in good nick. £30 posted?
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page