News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Pure New Zealand - one for Fred

Started by corsican dave, April 22, 2016, 07:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Ah, my spiritual home!  :8)

What better way to cheer up an dreary, cold, trout-less  Scottish spring.   :lol:

What a superbly made film.

corsican dave

blimey!  :shock: do I detect the merest glimmer of a (whisper it..)smile, Fred?  :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

corsican dave

put on Roundabout whilst you're at it and your reverie will be complete

Wildfisher

I think that's one of the best NZ films I have seen, not for the fishing, it just captures the utter pristine magnificence of the place. That's what it looks and feels like.

Wildfisher

That's it in  a nutshell Tony - fewer  much bigger fish that are tricky to temp. :8)

rannoch raider

Great Video. What a spectacularly beautiful place. Simply stunning.

Wildfisher

Quote from: rannoch raider on April 24, 2016, 12:24:22 AM
What a spectacularly beautiful place. Simply stunning.

It is indescribable, you have to go and see for yourself;  it's Middle Earth. For me the attraction is as much about not being in Scotland as it is about fishing. What I mean by that is you leave here in the depths of winter and a time machine transports you to summertime in the most beautiful and generally unspoiled country on the planet. If the seasons were the same as ours I would not go as much.

Another massive attraction is the lack of petty, feudal nonsense that governs our fishing. Trout and salmon are just trout and salmon. There are no pedestals for fish or for those who fish for them. Buy your state license and go where you like, pretty much anywhere over both islands.

However, it is probably not for everyone. If you prefer catching loads of smallish fish which are pretty easy to fool, then NZ is not the place to go. The fishing is not easy and to be brutally honest loch only fishers will struggle.  I know we often do; we sometimes go days without a fish. Be warned too that just like Scotland the weather can be unpredictable with rain the likes of which you just don't see here.

There are hidden thorns in every rose bush.  :lol:

I am planning  a trip that will last several months once The Dug runs to The Great Sheepfold In The Sky. Not just fishing, there are a lot more things I want to do there, places I want to see.

Go To Front Page