News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wild salmon and sea-trout in Scotland ...

Started by Sandison, April 21, 2016, 12:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandison

I rarely fish for salmon. Over the past 60+ years I have caught about a dozen salmon. I much prefer
fishing for wild brown trout, and, from time to time sea-trout. This issue has little to do with rod and
line fishing for salmon - and I too have observed the less than generous behavior of some salmon
anglers - but why, I ask, should salmonids that have lived and thrived in Scottish waters since the
end of the last Ice Age be driven to the point of extinction simply to provide income for shareholders
and staff of an unsustainable, dirty industry? For as long as I am able I  will continue to do all that I
can to protect and preserve Scotland's precious environment. Right or wrong, I think that this is the
proper thing to do.... and a big thank you to Fred and all who inhabit these pages for sharing their
views.
Bruce Sandison

dapper

I agree Fergie, with the proviso that you are referring to the expensive private salmon rivers - it's a wealth divide - along the banks notices to trout anglers reinforce their second-class status.
But many angling associations, clubs, and councils do sterling work, making salmon fishing available at a very affordable price - eg to take just one, the Devon, referred to elsewhere on the forum - £35 per season for brown trout, sea-trout AND salmon.
Mind you, nae grayling...  :crap

Go To Front Page