News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

The Ferris Nymphing Indicator Tool - how to make your own!

Started by Wildfisher, October 06, 2014, 07:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

For those not familiar I have created an explanation of this system and a step by step on how to make your own applicator tool, including information on  the correct parts you will need including the wool and tubing and where to get it!

Make you own for under 50 pence! 

The Ferris Nymphing Indicator Tool

Bobfly

Excellent instructions.
My ready-made kit came today - in time for flooded rivers on the last day!!  :( :(
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Darwin

Nice SBS Fred.  :8)

Reminds me I need to do more shopping and hoping my package from China makes it to Phoenix.

bibio1

thats a really handy tool especially for the grayling.

good on ye.

cheers

paul

Wildfisher

That article was for my "deluxe" model. The first ones I made were far simpler but worked just as well. In fact they are better in that  they work with any size of tubing.

You need stiff, high tensile wire. I used a 0.017 gauge unwound guitar string. One string will make  several tools. Cut off a length of the wire, form a loop in one end and whip it with tying thread. Put on enough thread so it fits snug in the bead.

Glue it in.

Bend over the other end.

Job done.

Highlander

Well done Fred & to think I paid around £9 for mine from the States. Good on you.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Rabmax

Hello All. Just home from work & catching up very good info there Fred.I am thinking about trying out some white merino wool to replace snowshoe wings.It does seem to float very well but also lands on the water very softly compared to poly & some other materials.Cheers

Wildfisher

If any member would like one of these Ferris indicator kits ( the deluxe model from the step by step) - that is tool + tubing + 2 colours of fluorescent wool please PM me.

loch coulter

made 2 in about 10 minutes after seeing your post, just seen them for sale in old edition of t&s, £11.95 each! ffs. :shock:

Wildfisher

Good for you Tommy. They are a complete rip off to buy.

Go To Front Page