News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

some beautiful tying and a pretty cool e-magazine

Started by corsican dave, March 16, 2015, 06:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

check out the chironomid on page 11 of this: http://issuu.com/flymagemagazine/docs/flymage6_english

proper tying, too; not model making  :8)

as a sidenote, how come the Spanish can turn out a fantastic e-zine like this in both Spanish & English (and occasionally French) editions, yet our british magazines seem so dull & lifeless by comparison?
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

That fly has the essential ingredient - long  legs.  :8)

SoldierPmr

Quote from: corsican dave on March 16, 2015, 06:10:07 PM
check out the chironomid on page 11 of this: http://issuu.com/flymagemagazine/docs/flymage6_english

proper tying, too; not model making  :8)

as a sidenote, how come the Spanish can turn out a fantastic e-zine like this in both Spanish & English (and occasionally French) editions, yet our british magazines seem so dull & lifeless by comparison?
I think because ours are mostly aimed at the avarage big towns and city dwellers who enjoy over crowed stocked ponds. The magazines I have read seem to cover also sorts of stocked waters and have very small sections on wild Bt fishing.

Mark

Some amazing looking sea trout there. Must have some seriously good feeding at sea.

Wildfisher

Our game fishing mags are biased towards the kind of fishing most people do in the UK - stocked trout fishing and salmon fishing. I have not bought one for over 3 years and prior to  that is was just an occasional purchase.  I'd prefer to spend the money on books to be honest.

Billy

There's a bee pattern in FF&FT this month so it must work.
:worms

Billy

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page