News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loch coulter

Lochan_load

Jeez! Everyone's a critic  :shock:  :lol:

To be fair if it was for me I'd have the wing flat to the shank

Robbie

Big is beautiful. Have to admit I also tend to tie mine a bit slimmer, but might have to do a few a bit heavier now.

Bobfly

"Everyone's a critic" ...... that'll be why you don't see many of Bobfly's flies on here   :D :D :D
Fresh from the vice mine have that lived-in look of what you might say is "summit already chewed up and half eaten". Not that that is planned, they just come out that way  :? :? :?     Mr Trooty does not seem too bothered.
That said, there are some cracking good flees on show here.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

hopper

With a flash of silver and a swirl it's gone, I'm sure the sea trout didn't bother, as long as your line goes tight neither will you.

Slim, bulky up or down wing it's a personal preference.

Cracker. :)

Lochan_load

Like you say Eric personal preference I don't think the trout give a monkeys , I think the main thing is that blue and silver mix, it catches every bit of light, here's some sitting on my desk among loads of other reds, clarets, yellows, greens etc and they really stand out from the rest. [attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Yip getting there......just the 200 to go  :shock:

andy m

lochan load what is the name of the fly on your avatar the one with the golden pheasant tippets in the tail. have you got the tying for it thanks. it looks like a fly that would work well. cheers andy m

Lochan_load

It's basically a mallard and claret with the back quarter in yellow seals fur, it's a new one to me but I really like the look of it, it has a name but I forget now but andy roobarb knows......

andy m

thanks for that pal. will let you know how i get on with that fly this season. cheers andy m

Go To Front Page