News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

They look like they'll do the job nicely Eric, silver invicta for me today, happy with the wing but the heads got away from me a bit  :?
[attachimg=1]

Robbie

Eric those flies look extremely fishy, can see that first one doing a lot of damage.

Cracking tie there Andy, wing looks perfect. Is that a hackle fibre tail rather than GP topping?

Lochan_load

I've got a packet of old yellow cock hackles I use, it's got a good colour and more durable than tippet which I find a bit delicate when fishing and pricey!

Lochan_load

Second attempt, gave myself about 2mm extra space for the hackle, amazing the difference it makes. As soon as you start having to wind over the front hackle it's impossible to keep the head size down  :roll:
[attachimg=1]

hopper

Thanks guys, just sat at the vice and tied out of my head, nice invicta's Andy haven't tied winged flies for ages.

Wildfisher

Must be almost a year since I last tied a fly. Did a fast water hackled version of an Octanaomi, should make it float a touch higher and make it easier to see.

[attachimg=1]

hopper

Nice Fred, I really must persevere with them never seem to work for me.

Robbie

Very nice Fred.

I'm in a bit of a rut. Think I need to scale back the head on these:

[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

You are turning into a deer hair junkie Robbie. When you start 'muddling' Greenwell's Glories and Grey Dusters you will need to seek professional help and therapy.  :lol:

Robbie

Go To Front Page