News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claytonmcnie

Quote from: Lochan_load on March 23, 2015, 10:20:08 PM
Hmm Maybe we should all have a bash and put them up would be interesting to see what folk come up with, would be particularly interested in Corsican saves earplug alienater pink Zulu!!

Sounds like a fair idea, but with no pink capes and no leckie can only watch, and a cold shower at 4 in the morning is no fun

Lochan_load

Right here's mine, nothing too radical, I like a white hen hackle at the front of a dark fly, like Fred said it's all about contrast.
[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Beautiful tying Andy. That will catch fish for sure.  :8)

JimJams

Quote from: Lochan_load on March 24, 2015, 10:34:37 AM
Right here's mine, nothing too radical, I like a white hen hackle at the front of a dark fly, like Fred said it's all about contrast.
[attachimg=1]

That is stunning! How did you do the body?

claytonmcnie

Inchlaggan

This thread has just passed the 140,000 views mark.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Lochan_load

Cheers lads, the tail and body are globrite no.4 floss, tied the floss in at the front to give a double layer then just palmered with black cock and fine copper. Thought the pink would be a bit ott but works well with the other colours

Wildfisher

My take on the Pink Zulu is a little different. Traditional other than a pink tail and body. I like a big tail on these type of flies, not that I use them much of course.  :lol:

[attachimg=1]

SoldierPmr

I would do one with a pink hen hackle and pink wool tail though I have none of the above but I will leave you with image in your heads.

Lochan_load

Sorry I'm trying to envisage it but all I can see is your fireplace  :lol:

Go To Front Page