News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claytonmcnie

Quote from: admin on March 24, 2015, 07:40:56 PM
My take on the Pink Zulu is a little different. Traditional other than a pink tail and body. I like a big tail on these type of flies, not that I use them much of course.  :lol:

[attachimg=1]
very nice, well proportioned. tidy tying, maybe a little more suited to lochs than your local river

corsican dave

Quote from: Lochan_load on March 23, 2015, 10:20:08 PM
Hmm Maybe we should all have a bash and put them up would be interesting to see what folk come up with, would be particularly interested in Corsican saves earplug alienater pink Zulu!!
I like a challenge. i'll be at the vice tonight. pun intended, obviously..... :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

okay, bit of a work in progress; but that's me straight in from work. got the elements of a Zulu: tail, palmered feather and a rib. just not your conventional materials :8) and it's on a 6/0 hook.... :shock:

the palmered marabou was a bit difficult and obscures the rib. i'll do a mark II version with a pink zonker body instead and palmer a big pink hackle over the top. too much fun!
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

That should do the business Dave, is that how you usually attach the earplug? Never had any luck with popper plugs but never tried a fly

corsican dave

Quote from: Lochan_load on March 25, 2015, 06:36:29 PM
That should do the business Dave, is that how you usually attach the earplug? Never had any luck with popper plugs but never tried a fly
this sort of earplug can be used either way. if you do it this way round you get what's often referred to as a slider. the other way round it becomes a popper. I chose the slider method 'cos I wanted to put the head collar on, although I think hair of some kind may have worked better. to be honest, it'd probably be better without the earplug at all.... i'll bet the pike don't give a damn, tho'; it's all in the wiggle!

Lochan_load

Na if they see it they'll smash it!

rannoch raider

Fish it 'booby' style on an eighteen inch leader off a Hi D line and hold on tight !

corsican dave

just to prove it's not all grappling irons and craft shop bits, here's a rather more conventional fly. a zoo cougar in "baby doll" attire #2:

Bobfly

I might need to lie down in a darkened room after seeing some of these fellas !!!! :) :)
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

claytonmcnie

Been playing with camera, seems better but can't find tungsten setting yet, this was blue background (tea tray) but turned out grey, except the red and random background. Any photographic pointers welcome.
Last 4-5 flies are same one but varied settings

Go To Front Page