News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

Can't wait till tomorrow.... Tied some Mac's emergers

Wildfisher

A variation on Mac's grey and red dry spider. I don't have a good grey or blue dun cape so I spun on some dun Aero Wing then wound the red game hackle through it. Quill body with a UV resin coating.

[attachimg=1]

JimJams

These 4 have been stonker's for me in the first week, fish seem to like um!

The zulu's tied with a bit of red ice yarn in the tail, has a bit of flicker and seems to work well!

claytonmcnie

Nice flies like number 3 but 4 is the type I use when given the chance, tidy.

Lochan_load

Number 1 for me, like the two time body and nice tidy head, you using cock hackles?

JimJams

Thank's, yeah cock hackles, some 14's just dropped through the door, they'll be fun to try tie with!

SoldierPmr

Quote from: JimJams on April 11, 2015, 06:12:06 PM
Thank's, yeah cock hackles, some 14's just dropped through the door, they'll be fun to try tie with!
14 is my most used size especialy for palmered wets it's rare I tie any size 12s now.

SoldierPmr

Since all the talk of leggy wets I decided to make a sparkley leggy SP size 12 for the legs

[attachimg=1]

With flash.

[attachimg=2]

rannoch raider

I often fish a 'gingked' up 'soldier muddler',  on the bob and tend to go a size beyond what conditions would suggest. It doesn't always take the fish, that can depend on what sort of mood they're in but it certainly draws them up and I often find that a fish will have a swirl at the big soldier only to come short. However, that fish often turns it's attention to either of the other two flies on the cast. I find that if I fish a smaller more imitative pattern on the middle and tail I often get a positive take.
Your SP's are bulky enough to get the attention of the fish and that is a big plus for a bob fly in my book.  :wink:

Wildfisher

Soft Hackle Dry

This is a  variation on Jonathan Barnes' (onstream guide) soft hackle dry which is in turn a variation of a Jingler.

I used pheasant tail ice dub for the very slim body as I'm sure this can make a difference - I catch a lot of fish with it anyway.  Tail - grizzle hackle fibers, wing is a single CDC plume. Hackle red game clipped beneath then a  soft partridge hackle is wound through it. Barnes claims this style of fly out fishes all other dries for him. It's nothing new - soft hackle = movement = jingler = CDC & Elk etc etc etc. There is not a lot in fly tying that is new. I'm going to tie a few up with a white CDC wing to aid visibility on the water.

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page