News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Transporting rods.

Started by JimJams, July 14, 2014, 09:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

just in case you thought I was joking....
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

lochgarryfisher

Quote from: Roobarb on July 14, 2014, 09:57:29 AM
Sell it and buy a three piece :roll:

Or keep it and buy a bigger car? :lol:

What about a roof rack with a piece of pvc pipe strapped to it like you see plumbers vans with on top.

I know it is not always practical but i would always prefer a 2 piece rather than a 3+ piece rod, they always seem to twist on me unless taped up.  My rods stay assembled all year round so personally i would love a 1 piece if they were made.

superscot

For all  the time it takes I will stick with the break doon system...that way i know its going to get there in one piece.

Highlander

QuoteMy new 2 piece 10ft rod is a tad big for my boot.

Do not know where you have issues. A 5ft sectioned rod would fit easily enough inside the car either down between the central consul or from parcel shelf along near side to between front passenger seat & bodywork. I use those black "drainpipe"
type rod tubes & have no issues with my 2 pc rods. Always thought these outside rod carriers were for people that were seen to be doing something rather than any practical purpose.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Go To Front Page