News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

It`s all sparkly

Started by JIMCCS, February 27, 2012, 07:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMCCS

Just scored myself a couple of Fladen fly rods and can anyone recommend a safe way of removing the holographic disco ball style of lettering that they have on them?

davefromtheattic

I thought it was all one transfer. Have they updated them?  :shock:

I had a shot of my 7wt a while ago, my arm has just recovered  :lol:

Traditionalist

Warm it up carefully with a lighter and peel it off.  Keep the lighter flame to the side and turn the rod.  I.e. don't hold the rod directly above the flame, but to one side of it.

TL
MC

Rabmax

I done mine with steam from my kettle. :D

superscot

Just came across them on ebay ...they any good for the price !

dazdidge

They are excellent for the price, I have had mine for two seasons now and have no complaints. I have the 5 weight and it casts a 5 weight line quite nicely, I am waiting on Freds arrival back home to order a 6 weight to try for this season.
The only problem I have come across so far is the tip section ocasionally flying off, it seems to happen a fair bit with the Fladens. But for the price I think they are pretty hard to beat, I now have two (one as a backup) and my wychwood hasn't been out since.

Daz

davefromtheattic

Shakespeare Odysseys are FAR better than the Fladens for an extra couple of quid. I was so impressed I got the 6, 5 and two 4's (8' &7'6").

Traditionalist

Quote from: daz on February 28, 2012, 08:26:20 AM

The only problem I have come across so far is the tip section ocasionally flying off, it seems to happen a fair bit with the Fladens. But for the price I think they are pretty hard to beat, I now have two (one as a backup) and my wychwood hasn't been out since.

Daz

Use white candle wax on the joints, just rub a candle on the male joint,  this will stop then loosening and flying apart, but does not make them any more difficult to separate.  The joints have to be clean before waxing.  Alcohol will remove the wax if it gets dirty, and then just rewax.

TL
MC

Rabmax

I have a couple of Fladen Vantage rods i bought for small stream fishing a few years ago.I bought a couple of these & used them last summer & all winter for Grayling. http://bit.ly/wfvvb9 .They have a very forgiving tip i even struggle to loose fish with them.Love them. :D

Go To Front Page