News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

help

Started by James, May 31, 2012, 02:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

BOLLOX
i am off out fishing the morrow and just changed lines over on my Wychwood truefly SLA reel , only this time i heard a strange noise as i pushed the spool on and went to tighten the central nut section, took it off and pulled the bit out with the leaf logo .
Only to have a little bit of metal fall out onto the floor , it appears the small threaded bit that tightens the spool on has snapped and it no longer holds .
i am going to have to keep checking it through out the day.

just looked again and it is one of the threads that has snapped on the side where the spool clips into

James

Contacted Leeda this morning and got a very lovely lass answering the call. she put me through to After sales.
the guy was apologetic about the fault and said they do not have a repairs centre but if i give my address he will send out spare parts that will hopefully fix the fault . at no point was money asked for or the guarantee. just said they will send the spare parts , so hopefully it will be the right parts i am needing lol.

burnie

Any update on this?

James

Aye , sorry forgot about this post lol.

still no spare parts, i was going to try and get a hold of the rep on FFF but i cant remember who he is lol.
failing that i will need to phone again and put my foot down on them hard.

James

Well after several failed phone calls , leaving 2 or 3 voice msgs i then got a PM from a member over on FFF offering help. and a contact email address for someone at Leeda.
i sent them an email and less than an hour later i got a phone call , at first i was not sure what it was about as they did not make it clear as to why they were phoning.
they then asked for my name and address as they have the parts to repair my reel and i will have the parts by tomorrow ( Friday 13th ).

an envelope showed up this afternoon with more parts in it than i asked for.
so i was able to replace the drag knob , drag spindle , clutch bearing , main spindle and of course all the washers , screws needed.
and the reel works better than it did when i originally bought it.

If i was nit picking i would have to complain that they sent the parts in the grey colour and not black . but the grey and black look rather nice and it means my reel is easy to identify.
The reel is working again , so colour is nothing to complain about.

so really all i have to complain about is the after sales team ( well one person ) who dealt with me over a month ago was clearly not doing his job.

Go To Front Page