News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Useless or Seldom Used Crap

Started by Wildfisher, March 08, 2015, 07:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emc

Quote from: Alan on March 08, 2015, 10:34:16 PM
Here is a quick one, scissors, hook remover, hook eye clearing spike, all in one, clamps onto a bit of string(that some people call a lanyard) round my neck, saves carrying different tools in different pockets that can't find when you need them.

Drinking water yes, burn, carry the empty bottle, i'd rather skimp on tackle than food, its rubbish if your starving.

Wish I'd kept all my old ones when they were passed their surgical prime!

bibio1

I have decided to ditch the waist coat and go for a day sack. I like a small flask of tea when I'm out and  a waistcoat is cumbersome.

I will no doubt change my mind again because we are never happy. That said I do think Tue backpacks now are way beyond what we were given 10 yrs ago. They are so light and designed well.

Cheers

Paul

Lochan_load

I hate wearing a waistcoat, don't see the point and leads to carrying loads of crap you don't need. I ditched mine a few years back and bought a bumbag ahem I mean 'tactical waist pack'! I eat a big breakfast and just carry a snickers and a can of coke for lunch, I like drinking out of the burns (most of them) makes me feel manly and outdoorsy and all that stuff. I keep 'stuff' to a minimum: fly box, floatant, nylon (one spool) wee pair of bent nose pliers and my net hangs of one of those magnetic things. I've got a really light haglofs waterproof jacket and I've always got it on, if it's one of those rare days when it's too hot to wear, can't remember too many  :roll:, it scrunches down to nothing and into the bumbag. 
I used a rucksack a few times when I was on rannoch but found I was taking it off all the time to fish and then having to retrace my steps to fetch it  and was also taking extra stuff just to justify having the rucksack  :shock: nowadays I prefer the freedom of carrying next to bugger all  :lol:

Mark

I'm the same, that's why I've never had a fishing vest (as well as hating the look)
If it doesn't fit in my shirt/jacket pockets then it ain't coming with me. When I go on a long trek and need to take food and drink I have a small sling rucksack which is very light and doesn't get in the way of casting like a rucksack can.

Wildfisher

I tried the bum bag / waist pack last spring, but abandoned it because it and its contents got drowned when I was wading deep to cross the river.

RobertHaley

I just brought a waist jacket ha ha bit behind then
My bum bag keeped getting wet and sat on it to many times crushing contents , backpack ment to much stuff taken and i thought a waistcoat would make me keep it simple as if you try to stuff all the pockets you look like the mitchellin man.

Fishtales

Quote from: RobertHaley on March 09, 2015, 06:56:32 PM
if you try to stuff all the pockets you look like the mitchellin man.

That was why I got rid of mine a number of years ago :)

I use a waist bag big enough for fly gear, sandwich/breakfast bars, waterproofs slung below it and water bottle for the walk in caught in the tension strap. For trips where I might need a couple of meals on the day I take the small rucksack. I don't wade so getting it wet isn't a problem :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Billy

Quote from: admin on March 09, 2015, 01:44:14 PM
I tried the bum bag / waist pack last spring, but abandoned it because it and its contents got drowned when I was wading deep to cross the river.

Fred,
You just need longer legs  :crap

Billy

Go To Front Page