News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wading boots, again!

Started by Lochan_load, May 10, 2017, 10:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

Quote from: Lochan_load on May 11, 2017, 10:42:18 PM
Er thanks I think 😬
you don't choose it, Andy; it chooses you  :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

Must be something to do with wasting money on expensive gear  :lol:

Bobfly

Posh Services For Gold Customers ... all tailored to Suit you Sir  :8) :8)
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Robbie

Those boots look like a good find.

I use neoprene boots when float tubing. There great for walking about the bank and getting into and out of the water. May think about taking them with me if I want to wade any distant hill lochs, but don't think they are suitable for walking a long distances over rough ground due to lack of ankle support.

Out of interest how far would you be willing / consider walking in waders and boots?

Lochan_load

I've done fair old hikes in them robbie, did toll a mhadaidh in my waste waders last year to save having boots and waders in my bag, bit hot right enough!

Robbie

Quote from: Lochan_load on May 12, 2017, 03:25:09 PM
bit hot right enough!

Probably dryer to leave waders at home and wet wade the loch  :lol:

aliferste

If its just the felt sole use evostick to glue them back on!

Lochan_load

Quote from: aliferste on May 12, 2017, 06:44:26 PM
If its just the felt sole use evostick to glue them back on!

Where's the fun in that?  :lol:

I'd already kinda decided to keep these for boats and get another pair that I can stud for rivers, the sole coming away has just gave me a nudge, I'll glue these and they'll do me grand for In and out boats.

Robbie, when I'm fish n'  teering (joke!) I usually keep the waist waders on all day, handy when I'm fishing most of the time to keep dry, keep mud off trousers and stuff, trousers just get manky, the only come of when I'm crawling into my tent

bluezulu

i almost always walk in wearing waders- regularly (well i don't fish often enough these days  to really say that but ..) i often  walk up to 3 hours each direction. admittedly  perspiration can be an issue   :shock:   but i always find i regret not being able to wade if it don't

ant0

Quote from: bluezulu on May 16, 2017, 01:30:13 AM
i almost always walk in wearing waders- regularly (well i don't fish often enough these days  to really say that but ..) i often  walk up to 3 hours each direction. admittedly  perspiration can be an issue   :shock:   but i always find i regret not being able to wade if it don't
3 hours walking in waders! Blimey you're more committed than me. 

I do hill lochs with a 3 hour walk in (e.g. Loch Eanaich) but think I'd end up melting in a pool of sweat and sore feet by the time I arrived, tiring enough in proper walking gear.  I take a lightweight (i.e. thin soled cheap and crap, but waterproof) pair of PVC thigh waders in my backpack and change into them once at the loch.  However... they are horrible for any walking around in at the loch due to the totally unsupportive ankle and sole, but let you wade to cast out past the shallows.

Go To Front Page