News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Small Buzzers

Started by Havtafish, April 28, 2006, 08:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Havtafish

Ive noticed that where I use these flies there good evening hatches of small midge. The largest midge Ive ever seen here have a wing length of about 8 mm which is the Large Green which shows up in July and Aug and a Ginger Midge which is from Jun to Sept. Maybe some of you veteran loch fishers can jump here :?:  but Ill give you my 2 cents. These bigger wets(pennel as you mentioned) are designed for fishing in a wave and give the illusion of an insect not neccesarily a true representation of the insect itself. Makes the fly stand out a wee bit in all that surface disturbance. Ive always read about BIG midge pupa and have looked everywhere but have never seen any as big a lets say a March Brown which is about 1 inch(25mm) long on the body

jonboy

Aye no what u mean , but species have been recorded at grafham &rutland at up to an inch long, also if trout are feedin on a certain colour size of buzzer maybe the same colour in a bigger size than the natural stands out as a good meal lol , any roads as I said lovely lookin buzzers , have tied some on 16s my eyesight is failing with old age :D  

tightlines jonboy.

Go To Front Page