News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Flies for September

Started by piscatus absentis, September 06, 2006, 09:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piscatus absentis

All kinds of troot like flies with a touch of orange this month.  Go up to a size 10 and tie a Bibio with an orange centre section, a Sweeney Todd with an orange beard or a Kate Mclaren or Black Pennell with an orange marabou tail a bit longer than usual.

Use an intermediate line and retrieve in short three or four inch jerks.  I had two cracking browns over the weekend, one on the Sweeney Todd variant and one on the Black Pennell variant.  I won't mention the four 4lb+ rainbows! 

lochstyle

Cant beat an Orange Hedgehog for september, black dabbler and a kate mclaren snatcher variant trailing behind it!!
Its the creme de la milk :D :lol:
Lochstyle

Ptinid

Chappie in Lochgelly tackle shop was telling me that he's catching mackarel and codling on mackarel strip off Burntisland. Also had a few shoaling bass.

The season seems to be going on a fair bit later than usual - summer heat probably, but the colder spell today (16/10) may have an effect - certainly has on the river!
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.  ~John Steinbeck

Go To Front Page