News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Super Lightweight Tents

Started by Wildfisher, July 08, 2010, 02:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alastair

I should find out what my Dad's 2 man tent weighs.  It's over 50 years old, and manufactured by Bukta.  It was apparantly "the" thing back in the day - over 50 years ago!!!

corsican dave

you'd probably save more weight by throwing away the stuff bags for tent, pegs and poles  :lol: and any spare pegs... why anyone needs a stuff bag for tent or poles is beyond me  :roll: except for storage at home or in the car, of course...
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Malcolm

My Phree dome EB tent must weigh less than 2kg and has been used probably in excess of 300 nights between me and my lads both of whom are keen wild campers. I particulalry like the double skinned door with the insect mesh on the inner part. The floor is just starting to let in water so I must find out what can be done about that.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Wildfisher

I took delivery of my Terra Nova super light tent today. It's pitched in the garden right now.

I'm glad I pitched it at home first as pegging in the correct order is critical to get the fly sheet tensioned properly.

First impressions are good, although the clip  fastener that secures the door once it is zipped shut is a bit small fiddly to be honest.

I guess  these small components  are  for lightness sake and you can't expect to have it both ways.

Go To Front Page