News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

New Rod

Started by wag99, May 02, 2008, 11:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wag99

After using a Partridge 8 foot #4 rod at the weekend I was impressed, particularly on the tube. It retails for ?160, has anyone any comments on this rod or perhaps suggest an equivalent I should look at.

just_steven

Hi Wag

I had a brief shot of Gordy66m's little Partridge rod whilst out on Loch Lee. I think his one was the 8 1/2ft 5#, but what a joy it was to cast! It made the little fish we were catching so much more fun! I would love one, but I'm sure there will be someone on here who can advise if there is a better/cheaper alternative.

Steve

Dougie Smith

The Sharpes Gordon 8.5ft #5 is worth a cast. It's a nice wee rod and retails for about the same price that you're talking about.

just_steven

You have no idea how glad I am to hear that Dougie!  :D :D :D :D

I've just managed to get a hold of the 8ft 4# Sharpes Gordon for ?40!
I've not tried it yet but have been informed it's in great nick and at that price I couldn't turn it down!

DEEEEEELIGHTED!  :D :D :D :D :D

Steve

doogs

Greys G series or G-Tec are a good bet for under ?100, had a G series for a season now and love it.

wag99

Quote from: Dougie Smith on May 02, 2008, 12:52:13 PM
The Sharpes Gordon 8.5ft #5 is worth a cast. It's a nice wee rod and retails for about the same price that you're talking about.

I have a #7 Gordon's its a good rod just too heavy.

wag99

Quote from: just_steven on May 02, 2008, 12:03:18 PM
Hi Wag

I had a brief shot of Gordy66m's little Partridge rod whilst out on Loch Lee. I think his one was the 8 1/2ft 5#, but what a joy it was to cast! It made the little fish we were catching so much more fun! I would love one, but I'm sure there will be someone on here who can advise if there is a better/cheaper alternative.

Steve

Steve, Its the same rod excellent to cast.

Go To Front Page