News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Hans is this one of your flies

Started by The General, July 01, 2008, 11:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The General

Hello Hans
Last year I bought some of your small flies and have used the klinks you made for me to good effect.   Last night on a local loch this wee fly accounted for seven fish all over three quarters of a pound.  The gink had worn off and it was fishing just under the surface as a bob fly with a cdc/elk on the point.     I am unsure of where I got this fly, but think it was from Hans, as I certainly did not tie it and would like tying details if possible

Davie

sandyborthwick

It will be interesting to see Hans' reply. His wee klinks I won in the auction over the close season have proved oustanding for me fished sat on top or sometimes just drowned - troots just love em. The real problem is there is no way my tying skills are upto Hans' standards  :roll: size 28 Klink anyone? A nice wee size 18 was very good on Harray recently.

Sandy B.O.

Hans

Hi guys, sorry for my somewhat late rsponse.
The rules are very simple in detecting if a fly was mine:
if it catches it was one of my flies, if not, well, obviously not....
No seriously, it could very well be one of my patterns, buthonestly I cannot remember;
Recently I checked my hok-administration to check how many hooks I bought last year....
bit over 7000, so that's logically the amount of flies I tied last year... since I cannot find
a big pile of forgotten hooks in a drawer.
Glad it worked well for you Davie, mine or not lol

Go To Front Page