News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Sharpes Gordon Rods

Started by Clan Chief, November 07, 2008, 11:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

Looking for some feedback aboot the above rods. I had a cast with one in the middle of last season and was really impressed with it . It seemed to suit me perfectly. I may have a chance of getting one this week from my local angling shop.Johnny said they are now discontinued but he maybe able to get me one.Its a 9ft weight 6. Anyone recommend it

nant_fisher

I have the Sharpes Gordon 2, 10' 7" and it is an excellent rod, I have only heard better of the previous model. I would say it is well worth getting.
Adventure time

Dougie Smith

I have a 10ft #7 and an 8ft 6 #5. Both nice rods, although quite different. The short one loads very easily and pops out a nice line. The longer one I find more difficult to load, but it is a nice rod and quite capable of handling anything you might require it to. It can aerialise a fair amount of line and will cast the whole line in the hands of a good caster. I use it for spate river salmon fishing now and use #5 rods for all my trout fishing.

Noddy

I have the 10ft 7# and also wish I had got something lighter.

haresear

QuoteI have the 10ft 7#

Me too, but I have used it just a couple of times. I gave it an airing for salmon last season and it was a decent rod, but for trout it is heavier than I like to fish.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Clan Chief

Got my Sharps Gordon 2. 9ft weight 6. Really pleased with it. One wee thing that is puzzling me though is that my new rod does not have a fighting butt on it but the rod in the sharps catalogue has. I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on this. Perhaps the lighter rod models don't come with the butts?

Go To Front Page