News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

PRESSURE STOVE.BRASS PRIMUS TYPE BRITISH

Started by superscot, August 03, 2009, 11:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superscot

Just recently bought one of theses from fleebay ....NEW MONITOR PRESSURE STOVE.BRASS PRIMUS TYPE BRITISH
[attachimg=1]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-MONITOR-PRESSURE-STOVE-BRASS-PRIMUS-TYPE-BRITISH_W0QQitemZ250463910566QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportingGoods_Camping_CookingSupplies_ET?hash=item3a50cffaa6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Now i have never ever been a fan of gas stoves due to the fact they bloody run out just when you need them !I Have been an avid fan of paraffin/petrol pressure stoves for more than 30 odd years due to being cheap to run and burn off a really high heat when required ....downside ...minging when you spill the fuel and can tend to flare off if you don't know the correct start up method ..also heavy if walking over a great distance ..This one I spotted on eBay on a buy it now price of ?30 = The normal pp of ?6 ...came through yesterday and gave a it a once over then filled and pressurised up .......simply works a treat for the price
Build quality not as good as my 100 year auld pressure stove that still works ....but good for the price as a back up ..

If your happy with using pressure stoves get yerself one !!

Cheers Colin 

Wildfisher

Primus are hard to beat. But I do I wonder where I can buy paraffin these days.

superscot

QuoteBut I do I wonder where I can buy paraffin these days.

Fred Homebase or B&Q but you pay premium price !

superscot

QuoteI still have an old Primus which gets an airing occasionally. A bit heavy for backpacking though.

Have to agree Davy but the sound & heat of the roarer burner on a cauld night sure keeps yi warm for hours on end ...and the one in the photo that was sent to me is as shinny as the photo  :lol:

Go To Front Page