News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Travelling Light - but.....

Started by piscatus absentis, April 08, 2011, 10:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piscatus absentis

This is my latest.  The rucksack is a Shakespeare one with a built in seat.  It holds - waders (lightweight chesties), wading sandals, thermal socks, reel, flybox, two spools of nylon, swiss army knife, piecebox, flask of coffee, net head and....  er that's it.  Rod and netstick (doubles as wading staff) are tied together to avoid damage.  Jacket is on my back with camera, fags and lighter(s) and bus pass.

But - should I forget the seat and make it even lighter?   

johnsd

Yes leave the seat take a poly bag to sit on in case the banks wet :)
yer going where

Allan Crawford

If the seats means you have a more ejoyable day take it, it not dont. When fly fishing I dont take a seat just find a suitable place to sit down, on winter piking trips I take a seat.

Allan Crawford

Quote from: piscatus absentis on April 09, 2011, 10:48:38 PM
But the trouble with sitting on the ground is the problem of getting back up.  It's o.k. for you young lissom types with fully functioning joints.

Find a young lissom type to carry the bag and make the tea   :lol:

scotty9

Quote from: Alan on April 09, 2011, 11:38:51 PM
went fishing today, nothing strenuous, i can hardly walk now, add to that the onset of altshiemers..forgot how to tie a water knot! velcro shoes next.

Haha - you're getting on a bit mr!  :makefun I walked 16 miles on saturday for no bloody fish, got 8 miles up the river to where I wanted to be on this glorius not a cloud in the sky day and the wind was howling round the corner. I turned and walked out.

Go To Front Page