News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Polarised sun glasses

Started by east wind, March 25, 2012, 12:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnsd

I bought a pair of amber cocoons for over my glasses what a difference they make can clearly see fish turning away from my fly brill  :)
yer going where

Jehu

My local Aldi (and I would expect them all to have them in) has the £3.99  polaroids on sale now - two shades in various styles. A bargain.

Allan Crawford

GAC Stillwater ones, they sometimes give you a pair if you spend enough, brown lenses were excellent.
Also got Oakleys which I really like, bought when I had more spare cash, tend to keep them safe in the draw these days, stillwater lenses nearly as good and a lot cheaper. If at home I would be going to ALDI for a look.

Fadpasser

Stonepark

I use Optilabs Dakotas, prescription, photochromatic and polarised.

haven't found any better for fishing or driving
"Just My Tuppenceworth!"

haresear

QuoteI use Optilabs Dakotas, prescription, photochromatic and polarised.

Now that is interesting :8). I remember being told that you could get photochromatic or polarised, not both.  I could be in the market for a pair of those.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Stonepark

http://www.optilabs.com/site/lenslab.php?ll=4

Was called a vision lens when I bought mine. Not cheap but worth it.
"Just My Tuppenceworth!"

haresear

Thanks Stonepark. I'll have a look at those.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Noddy

I had an eye test at Tesco Opticians today, they have a new photochromatic lense which is polarised.  It costs £139 for the lens additional cost for the frame and varifocal, I'm led to believe a similar lense is available from vision express but at a much higher price.  Unlike the standard photochromatic lense it does not use UV to cause activation, therefore it will work in a car.  The car windscreen absorbs UV light. 

Jim

Go To Front Page