News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rehydrate

Started by Moray, July 23, 2012, 11:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moray

No, not because of amount of alcohol I consumed over the weekend  :D

Just a quick review of sorts - High 5 Zero
I'm one who has no qualms about taking a drink from a hill burn, on the odd occasion though the taste isn't exactly refreshing. I got some of these free with an order for some cycle gear recently, and just pop a couple of tablets into bottle I've filled up with water from burn and makes a nice refreshing drink. Not quite the same effect as creamola foam but works well.

[attachimg=1]

Fishtales

Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

dazdidge

Quote from: Alan on July 23, 2012, 11:43:52 PM
need to try that, apparently whiskey takes the edge off burn water too :D

It does indeed, which is exactly why you should never,never, ever put water of any type in whiskey.......................................................EVER!  :worms

Bobfly

I always thought the best CreamyFoe was the raspberry poured with care into the middle of a poked out hollow snowball in the winter time. Yum Yum  :D  :D

For rehydration the simplest and low cost mix is to follow the W.H.O. Rehydration Formula used for diarrhoea and dehydration which is one litre of clean tap water with half a teaspoon each of table salt and of salt substitute (KCl) and of baking soda, plus two tablespoons of sugar. Add a drop of lemon juice if you like and only for taste. Very cheap and forget all the Sports drinks and other bollocks which are a waste of money. 
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Bobfly

I see what you mean for that add-a-taste purpose. A good product for that, and based on some measured effectiveness, is Diarolyte (?) or some similar spelling. Those make up a balanced electrolyte drink and are easy to carry but the taste is hardly that good.
Interesting TV investigation earlier this week showing that folks are drinking too much water, and are not suffering from a water shortage induced drop in performance, the notion of which is rather a myth. Anyone going for twenty minutes of a jog carries a water bottle these days and it is quite unnecessary. Just drink when you actually feel thirsty and you are OK. The other myth related to the design of modern "trainers" many of which prevent the foot from properly flexing, hence the move back to the sort of cheap gym shoes style of forty and fifty years ago which is now being considered as more suitable......!!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Inchlaggan

Please note that If referring to Scotch, the spelling is "whisky" not "whiskey" and that whilst it is a matter of personal preference most malts are produced in such a manner that the addition of an appropriate amount of water enhances the experience by releasing volatile oils from solution. The addition of Cremola Foam to whisky is not recommended.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Traditionalist

A Scotsman who spells
Whisky with a n 'e',
should be hand cuffed
and thrown head first in the Dee,

In the USA and Ireland,
it's spelt with an 'e'
but in Scotland
it's real 'Whisky'.

So if you see Whisky
and it has an 'e',
only take it,
if you get it for free!

For the name is not the same
and it never will be,
a dram is only a real dram,
from a bottle of 'Scotch Whisky'.

From;

http://artofmanliness.com/2009/04/05/the-art-of-manliness-guide-to-scotch-whisky/

TL
MC

scotty9

Quote from: Bobfly on July 27, 2012, 09:42:06 PM
I see what you mean for that add-a-taste purpose. A good product for that, and based on some measured effectiveness, is Diarolyte (?) or some similar spelling. Those make up a balanced electrolyte drink and are easy to carry but the taste is hardly that good.
Interesting TV investigation earlier this week showing that folks are drinking too much water, and are not suffering from a water shortage induced drop in performance, the notion of which is rather a myth. Anyone going for twenty minutes of a jog carries a water bottle these days and it is quite unnecessary. Just drink when you actually feel thirsty and you are OK. The other myth related to the design of modern "trainers" many of which prevent the foot from properly flexing, hence the move back to the sort of cheap gym shoes style of forty and fifty years ago which is now being considered as more suitable......!!

I watched that too, very interesting documentary.

Don't fancy diarolyte again mind you, used that when my body was taking a beating from E.Coli, doesn't bring back the best of memories  :lol: In fairness though, it did it's job!

Go To Front Page