News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What are my old reels worth?

Started by Highlander, March 29, 2015, 04:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

First an original from the 80s, in pristine condition with no wear at all. Spare spool(not shown) is a later ventilated type, again never been used.

Second (below) a trolling/mooching reel from the same period again pristine condition

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

The S.A. reel is going for about 50 quid on Ebay but the price varies by model

Highlander

Thanks Fred but you are a tad on the low side. I have already been offered £100 for the fly reel & spare spool & £30 for the trolling reel but have politely declined both offers. They are not for sale I was just curious as to what others thought more of interest than anything else Thanks anyway.

Tight Lines

Nemo me impune lacessit

superscot

I have two off the Daiwa 175s and excellent reels for trolling, sure i paid about £35/£40 from ebay a few years back! The new models ask about £75 if i mind right. They get great reviews mostly from over the pond !     

Highlander

Thanks superscot, price was about what I was thinking although I have seen one offered as a "Buy It Now" for £50 but was not as good as mine. Still these prices are just a guide, really just depends on who bids for it on the day. I did a fair bit of trolling in my youth & I used a similar model as to the one shown & the other rod had an old Alvey sea reel. The Daiwa was/is indeed an excellent reel for the purpose. Americans/Canadians call them Mooching Reels which I believe is a method of float fishing a bait for Pacific Salmon & the like. Yes had a quick browse to check & it is indeed that.

Tight Lines

Nemo me impune lacessit

Suki1312

Wan n' Whupping each  :D System Two fly reel are usually sought after . Like everything else there only worth what people will pay . I would keep them .
Every day is a school day

Go To Front Page