News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teither

Quote from: admin on June 01, 2010, 04:07:08 PM
Many organizations would give their right arms to have the problem you guys suffer from.

Too much interest and participation!

:D

Admin,
        I think you're dead right. In spite of all the debate and differing points of view in evidence,  this club has been, in my view, a terrific success from the outset - really helpful instruction [ even from the barmy one ! ], keen and willing learners, and a good and easy ambience, all the time. Too much "structure" might damage that !
Teither

scotty9

Hi Jim,

Not at all! I just have got the bug so to speak and rather enjoy casting the double hander now!  :) My brother picked up a double hander for the first time last week and under Tom's guidance was casting brilliantly! Rather embarrassing on my part!  :lol:

Malcolm

I agree lots just want to do their own thing however a simple syllabus may possibly be helpful. This needn't be long:

3rd June

Beginners Corner
Scotty9
Cast of the Day
The Aerial Curve
Big Alex
Gasmans Corner
False casting
Music by Dream Theater

10th June

Beginners Corner
Alberto
Cast of the Day
Snap ...Zee
Alan
Gasmans Corner
False casting
Music by Alabama 3
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

gasman

Alan here is something for you to read
Frankly this is what, for me, makes The Experience. It's not that we are using the Internet in a new way ? Sure, I'm teaching a pupil and posting these lessons exactly as they occur on my site, using this information to teach another pupil in a separate country, and posting these lessons on site to teach the world. This truly is something pretty incredible. But what really makes The Experience, for me, is my learning. By teaching Karen, and us both taking notes, I can really analyse my teaching methods. I am the instructor and I'm learning.

and the gasman challenge, different one each week.
What is tomorrows nights challenge ?

Gasmans Corner is were you get the coffee.
Music by Mariachi El Bronx

All the best,
Gary :P

scotty9

Hey how come I get the beginners first?  :lol: Only kidding....

I guess we can only find out by trying!  :)

aweman

Hi Guys

On reading posts which are very good I can only comment on what I expected when I first attended the club.  On arrival at the pond someone came over introduced himself and asked what type of fishing I enjoyed, I was then asked to demonstrate my casting skills, after 5 min the instructor asked me to stop casting . I was briefed on the faults of my casting and this was then demonstrated the right way to make the cast.
This went on for many weeks until my casting improved then I was instructed on how to improve distance and accuracy to a point were I am now double hauling with ease.
I think this is the best way for each new member and existing member to be developed and that is why they keep coming back each week, the individual at the end of the night leaves with more knowledge on how to improve there casting.

See you all Thursday

Malc

scotty9

Only if you can make the casts look good :) I went out last night to try and take some and found a million midges down the park  :x

gasman

anyone up for a bit of film analysis ?

Ok Alan I would like that. :roll:

All the best,
Gary

Squigster

I suspect mines would require an 18 rating!!!!
Stephen

scotty9

Ha! Stephen......  :lol: That made me laugh, what you need is a bit of confidence, I think you would likely be surprised at seeing your casting on video. It's likely better than your imagination of it  :wink: I think you would definitely be pleasantly surprised watching your own cast.

Go To Front Page