News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Glasgow Casting Club

Started by Blanefishing, August 13, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teither

Invictor
           Sunday sessions continue throughout the year, starting about 9.30 am. It's the Thursday evening sessions which are daylight dependent and can now be considered closed for this year. Unusually, we have been hit by some real bad weather on many club mornings/evenings this year so attendance has been patchy at best of late. You need to turn upand take your chances.  :)

T

Malcolm

Just had a call from Robert who is intending to be there tomorrow so I've said I'll go along if the weather is at all reasonable. May be a few going...
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Teither

We had 4 stalwarts last Sunday and 5 today plus a regular from a couple of years back who was just looking in today but will be there in full casting regalia next week. Things are on the up !  : :lol:
Now,if Gasman's catering service had been in full flow I wonder whether there would have been any significant drop-off in attendance this last year or so ..

T

haresear

Quoteanyone seen Gary? got someone looking for a joiner.

I should imagine that Gary is a gasfitter..... "Gasman".  :roll:

Alan, I worry about you.... :)

Alex
Protect the edge.

Malcolm

Gary is a joiner! I was there on Sunday but didn't see him. There were only 4 there. Now that the season is over it would be good to see this starting up again.
To jaw like this

haresear

:shock:
QuoteGary is a joiner!

With a name like gasman, no wonder he's looking for work. :)

My right arm is still fucked, so Sunday is just a maybe, but I have to learn to go lefty, so I'll do my best for Sunday, hopefully before Auchinstarry later.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Teither

Gary is indeed a joiner. I always thought the " Gasman " tag referred to his wee gas cooker with which he very generously made us all teas, Bovrils etc from the shelter of his van.
He can be pm'd, Alan, I'm sure. Or, Gary, get in touch if you read this this thread.
It would indeed be grand to see some resurgence of interest in the CC. I had to miss last week because of pressing family matters. Tom R was in Ireland, for similar reasons.
I'll certainly hope to be along this Sunday coming.
T

gasman

I am still alive and well , I will try to be there on Sunday.

All the best,

Gas-man

gasman

I am still alive and well, I will try and get along this Sunday.

Hope to see you soon

All the best,
Gary (Gas-man)

Malcolm

It was good to try out the Sage One and the Loop Cross S1. Amazing lightness in the Loop for it's strength and the 9ft 5weight Sage One is a much better rod than the last "One" I tried. Interesting lines too Alan.

Anyway, has anyone got a Wulff Ambush line that I could try? Any weight will do - I'll bring along a suitable rod.
To jaw like this

Go To Front Page