News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Another 5 piece high-end rod

Started by River Chatter, September 24, 2010, 08:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River Chatter

Well, it's been over six weeks now and no sign of my repaired tip section.  I was told it could take up to eight weeks however, so it seems like it's going to the wire.   

Highlander

Luckily I have never broken a rod, maybe because all mine are older models than what is currently on offer to day. Every UK forum is filled with questions about rods that break & guys asking about how to claim warranty.
I'll stick to my Daiwa Ospreys & WF98s thank  you very much. Having said that I was given a Bloke 9ft 4 pce 4wt recently & that has lasted ok...........touch wood.
Tight Lines

PS   
QuoteMaybe we should be looking for rods with no warranties
Think it would be better if we got a rod that lasts more than a couple of outings.
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Malcolm

Quote from: Exerod on November 21, 2010, 03:11:06 PM

Most of my rods are older Daiwas or Sheakspears with proper thick walls! One salmon rod I have fallen on several times while scrambling about on unkempt spate rivers. I also have several mid range Greys and a CarboTech (are they still going?) that appear to be equally tough. There is Bloke that I bought on a whim which is nice enough but if I can't imagine knocking the nettles down with it... and yes I regularly do with some of my rods :shock:

Call me a luddite but remember - over thirty years with out a breakage :D

Andy

I know a lot of people with similar views. Enough so that you would think there was a market for slightly heavier, slower and much more sturdy gear. There's a few on this forum, me included. Steve Parton still makes these more robust rods with middle-middle to tip actions but I know he sells very few rods these days. 
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

River Chatter

Got back from Leeds tonight (I'm doing a course there) to find my replacement tip section waiting. First inspection is good. Rings are aligned correctly, blank colour is very close and wrappings look about right. Delivered within the estimated time too... I'm a happy bunny. Need to wait a while to try it in anger mind. :-)

Go To Front Page