News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Waist waders

Started by Hill loch gold, April 12, 2013, 08:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hill loch gold

I've been thinking of getting a pair of these (the breathable 1s) for fishing the wee hill lochs doon ma way.   Any recommendations?

Alan :D

Fishtales

borderbob wears a pair of nylon ones, non-breathable, on the hill with a pair of walking sandals.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

corsican dave

had a pair of the scierra cc3 s for 4 years now. used them for fishing (!) canoeing and kayaking. been fine and are actually cheaper and more functional than dry-pants, if you're into the whole canoe/kayak thing too.

i've done some fairly serious walking in them (in wading boots) and have often used them with sandals/aquashoes for my boating
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Hill loch gold

Qoute
i've done some fairly serious walking in them

I've been looking at the scierra cc3 1s dave and that's exactly what i'm wanting them for. It's nae good walking any distance in a pair of chest waders, especially in the better weather and it would save me from carrying a pair in my rucksack. I take it from your comments, you would recommend the scierras?

Cheers
Alan :D

Guddler

I'd certainly recommend the Scierra CC3 waist waders. Very comfy to spend the day in and mine have clocked up a lot of miles through the hills as well.
Some days they never even get wet but it's good to have them, just in case, and they keep your erse dry when you park it down and contemplate the world for a while.

Hill loch gold

Re: Waist waders
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 11:58:10 PM »
I'd certainly recommend the Scierra CC3 waist waders. Very comfy to spend the day in and mine have clocked up a lot of miles through the hills as well.

Cheers guddler. These are the waders i'll probably go for. I'll keep an eye oot fur them on ebay and see if a can get a good deal :)

Allan Crawford

I like waist waders though have only ever had nylon ones.

haresear

Quote from: BARFLY on April 13, 2013, 12:29:40 AM
Any of you tried the Bison ones?

Not tried the waist waders, but the Bison chesties I found rather snug  around my  calf. Tight as fuck actually. Otherwise OK.

Alex

Protect the edge.

Hill loch gold

Re: Waist waders
« Reply #6 on: Today at 12:29:40 AM »
Any of you tried the Bison ones?

I've never owned a pair of bison waders, don't know what they're like but seen bison waist waders when i was having a look on ebay earlier, £99.99 i think.

Noddy

I tried the Bison chesties and also found them too tight round the calf.  Does npt help that I'm a fat bar steward!

Jim

Go To Front Page