News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Waist waders

Started by Hill loch gold, April 12, 2013, 08:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buanán

I hate walking anywhere in waders, for the hills generally it's waling boots for me. If there's somewhere specific I'm needing waders for then it's been my cheap PVC-in-buit-welly-thigh-wader into the bag and I carry them in (I don't do serious wading when up the hill on my own, so thigh wader wading depths are all I'll really be happy to do).

This year I got myself a cheap-ish set of Grey's nylon waist waders with an inbuilt boot as a replacement for my now defunct PVC (repaired so often as to be un-repairable) thigh waders. My only real gripe with my PVC thigh waders, and why I didn't opt for another pair, was that the inbuilt boot being too thin in the sole and therefore sometimes sore on the foot wading on the river, and or lacking support generally to walk any distance.   

I hummed and hawed over the possible replacements, but in the end thought I'd try these Greys waist waders as the in built boots were better than anything in a comparable price range. Glad to report, thus far their water proof, and whilst they could be a little longer in the leg; pulling the waist down a little to a typical jeans waist level, whilst giving me a decidedly baggy arsed look, means their mobile enough and the extra leg length over a thigh wader will prove useful in some places I frequent.   

I'll be interesting to see how I get on with the less popular intermediate wader

Wildfisher

Quote from: Hill loch gold on April 13, 2013, 12:41:01 AM
Any of you tried the Bison ones?

Aye, I'm on my second pair. They are fine for me. I'm not a really fat bastard though, just moderately plump.  :lol:

Go To Front Page