News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Bag,Vest,fanny pack or combination.

Started by Highlander, March 15, 2014, 06:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

OK, I got the waist bag and far from being too bulky it seems about right. Nice robust construction. Time and use will tell how well it suits my application.  It did have a load of completely superfluous  straps, buckles and dangling things that needed cutting off. Just cut them off and sealed the cut ends with a lighter flame.

Wildfisher

Here it is then chaps, final design.   :lol:

The Wildfisher Bruce Wayne Batfisher Utility Belt

[attachimg=1]

Allan Crawford

Very good Fred, all set now to try it out

loch coulter

Quote from: admin on March 22, 2014, 10:50:44 AM
Here it is then chaps, final design.   :lol:

The Wildfisher Bruce Wayne Batfisher Utility Belt

[attachimg=1]
what is the wee tub for? :?

Tommy.

Wildfisher

Robbie

I trued one of the Airflo packs but was not overt impressed with the quality and found the zip front was always opening.

Splashed out on an Orvis Tripak http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product.aspx?pf_id=3H62 the front pocket are great easily hold a couple of decent sized fly boxes, odds and ends and even my lunch. However the back pack is not very big. it will take waterproofs, spare to and a woolly hat at a push. As you'd expect its a well made piece of kit, found it very comfortable and well laid out, also not problems hooking a net on the back.

Not really big enough to take a stove or any other creature comforts but does for most of my fishing and if i want to take more I can resort to a ledger rucksack is need be.

Guddler

Ach - I'm like a woman wi handbags, me!  :roll:
Just bought one of those Berghaus Centurio ones that the Fachan got from Santa as I really like the idea of being able to detach the side pockets to use as a daysack.

Allan Crawford

Me too, like me I'm sure you NEEDED it  :)
Enjoy

Highlander

Finally bit the bullet & getting a "good one. The Orvis Safe Passage waist unit. Thought it ticked most of the boxes as to what I was thinking about it & at a reduced price from £85 to £39 was worth a punt. Orvis equipment is generally first class & I have not been disappointed in the past so here is hoping it is as good as the reviews made out.
Becoming a bit of an Orvis tart  heaven forbid  :)
Endura waders
Clearwater boots
Streamline rod (their cheapest rod I use as a back up)
Clearwater Rod
Orvis Spey Reel ( BFR made ) Think this may be a rebadged System2 or Magnum reel
Orvis book of Flies (1980s)
Orvis Fly Box (1980s)
God I have far too much tackle  :roll:
The Streamline whilst the cheapeast they do & I believe they only sell it as part of a kit  is actually quite a good wee rod. The Clearwater is in my opinion quite a nice rod for the price.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Suki1312

Totally agree with you Orvis make some cracking stuff , warranty is superb as well . Big fan of the Clearwater series of rods , use the 9 foot #5 for all my river work , had it for donkeys years and will be in mourning if it breaks :D
Every day is a school day

Go To Front Page