Author Topic: muckle troot o'dulnain  (Read 194 times)

Offline corsican dave

• moustachioed elitist, hell-raiser & white-slaver
muckle troot o'dulnain
« on: December 08, 2016, 02:42:00 PM »
don't suppose anyone's got a scan of this or can remind me which book it's in? the author is R MacDonald Robertson. I did have a copy but I seem to have mislaid it. sorry John.... :roll:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Online garryh

Re: muckle troot o'dulnain
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 12:25:41 AM »
In Scotland with a fishing rod. by as you say R Macdonald Robertson. it was an article from The Scottish field.

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Offline corsican dave

• moustachioed elitist, hell-raiser & white-slaver
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 09:15:28 AM »
thanks Garry! there were three to choose from & I wasn't sure which. cheers!  :D

I've also been advised that it's in BB's compendium "the fisherman's bedside book"
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Offline Roobarb

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 11:50:42 AM »
I've also been advised that it's in BB's compendium "the fisherman's bedside book"

I couldn't recall it being in my copy so I went to check... when I discovered that my copy is actually "The Angler's Bedside Book" by Maurice Wigan  :lol:

This is worth looking out too if only for Bernard Venables tale of "The Great Shark of the Noisy Sea" caught off Madeira.

Anyway in the true spirit of modern forums, I bet The Muckle Troot o'Dulnain was a stale grilse  :roll:

Andy
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 04:27:42 PM by Roobarb »