News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rod building

Started by Lochan_load, November 20, 2018, 05:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Lochan_load

Just seen she managed to sneak into that photo  :lol:

Lochan_load

johnny boy

Be good to hear how it fishes for you Lochan, be nice if all that hard work is rewarded with a rod that suits your style of fishing.

Robbie

Looks like a cracking job Andy. Was going to say its good to see the supervisor keeping a close eye on you  :lol:

Lochan_load

Cheers I'm pretty pleased with it, its got a few wee imperfections but it was always going to I suppose. Managed to get out today and try it at a local fishery for a few hours, enjoyed casting it and it's stayed in one piece, so far so good! Also managed to land a fish at the third attempt after losing two that never really felt like they were on. The rod handled the fish well so ended up a good day. That means the thread is all yours robbie, look forward to seeing your progress on the rod and hearing how you get on with it.
[attachimg=1]

Bobfly

Don't you go cracking heavy bead heads off that new rod  :shock: :shock:
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Robbie

No pressure then!...

Great to hear you got out christened the rod and it went well. Were you nervous during the fight?

The loop reel is a nice match for the rod.

Lochan_load

Never thought about it, it was the last cast so by that point I'd been casting it for a few hours. I did think that someting would come loose or crack over the course of the day but all good.
Pleased with the reel robbie, what did you get in the end?

Needs must vaughan  :D I'd tried surface stuff when there were a few rising but went for the hot head damsel on a long leader to get it down,  did the trick!

Clan Chief

Good work Andy! Looks lovely!

Go To Front Page