News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

The Local Salmon Run

Started by Wildfisher, December 01, 2022, 09:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I've never seen a fish make it up that chute. To be fair to The Trust, it was done with the best intentions but it has to be said it does not do the job. It would be simple and cheap to fit a few baffles when the river is low in the summer.

Wildfisher

This culvert is baffled. It just creates a series of steps and makes the angle less steep.

[attachimg=1]

SoldierPmr

I enjoyed that. I'm hoping we are having similar runs throughout the winter now we've had a wet month. Here's to hoping the temps drop enough for the eggs to hatch.

Crawhin

Really nice Fred - enjoyed that. There's something hypnotic about watching the weir, running water and leaping fish. Great to see some healthy looking runs in a small water too.

Cheers,

Ian

Wildfisher

Yeah Ian, it's great to see, some of those fish  were really nice.

Wildfisher

I was in touch with Tom who has seen the video and passed it onto the Esks Trust.

The opinion is the dyke would be better removed and they are talking to SEPA about possible funding.

You have to bear in mind that The Lunan is a minor river and obviously most focus is on the North and South Esks, that said I have no doubt they will do what they can within available resources.

We shall see.

Bobfly

What is the run of water in the immediate foreground before the concrete shute? There seems to be quite a lot of water going down there at the side.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

A lot of fish do use that other side Vaughan and seem to have more success there.

Wildfisher

I'll never understand that Youtube algorithm. This video was doing OK by my modest standards then overnight added almost 800 views and it's still increasing steadily.  Occasionally this happens and I have no idea why?  :)

Fishtales

Quote from: SoldierPmr on December 01, 2022, 05:12:23 PM
I enjoyed that. I'm hoping we are having similar runs throughout the winter now we've had a wet month. Here's to hoping the temps drop enough for the eggs to hatch.

I knew it was somebody on here that wished for this freezing weather  ;D
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Go To Front Page