News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Fishing Hat Survey

Started by Wildfisher, September 06, 2007, 10:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Kind Of Hat Do You Wear?

1. Baseball Cap:  I don’t mind looking like Cooter in the Dukes of Hazzzrd or getting my ears and neck fried one day a year when the Scottish sun actually shines.
18 (36%)
2. Tilley Style Wide Brim 'Ranger' Hat:  Traditional and very stylish in a sad auld bastard  kinda way, but it stops my ears and neck being  fried on the one day a year when the Scottish sun actually shines.
10 (20%)
3. Fleece Beanie:  They're pure quality man by the way.
1 (2%)
4. Deer Stalker: I can really only afford to fish for broonies but aspire to greater things.
3 (6%)
5. Bush Hat: I was a hippy in the late 60s and rediscovered  this gem,  last winter,  tucked inside the sleeve of a Grateful Dead album.
8 (16%)
6. Barbour Shooting Cap: I'm also  taking elocution lessons just in case I win the lottery and can then afford a broonie day  ticket on the Castle Forbes beat of the Don.
1 (2%)
7. Other: specify below
9 (18%)

Total Members Voted: 23

shanksi

Another one for the ned category, wear baseball hat when fishing. 

burnie

You'll have seen my fine apparell in the August "Wildfish",can't catch a thing unless I'm wearing it,nothing to do with the weather at all...........confidence........or lack of it.

thewaterbouys

Base ball cap for me came back from Watten with a nice tan face , neck, rest of body chalk white.

Henry

dseabass

hats are a must !!!!!

haresear

QuoteBase ball caps dont keep the water out of your ears,

True Breac. But you can get your hood over a baseball cap. That's why I wear one when  rain is forecast. So most of the time , then.

If it is likely to be sunny  :lol: ( I know, I know), something wide brimmed or a Lawrence of Arabia job is the very dab.

alex

Protect the edge.

alancrob

QuoteAdults and only if ya wives are out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp_Ll-Bf5uA
Steve

What a wee cracker, and the one on the horse was OK too!  :lol: :lol:

doogs

Can't see past my Tilley.  Undestructible with 101 uses, well a few anyway........

Monkeyboab

I'm usually a skipped cap holding the hood out my eyes merchant, Diesel thug cap for colder days  :lol: My old mans cap always blows of at worst possible time usually with five or six rods out. Means winding the rods in quick as I can and going back to net it before the waves sink it.

Boab

doogs

breac uaig

No probs with heffelumps but didn't survive the rock fall..................Tilley did though!!

sandyborthwick

Tilley for me most days, but Beanie Fleece when fecking Freezing at Lochindorb! - probably needed both last weekend just to keep the bloody freezing rain off.

Sandy B.O.

Go To Front Page