News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Sneak preview and a......

Started by scotfly, December 17, 2007, 12:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotfly

a cry for help!
I've, at long last, started to prepare a new dubbing techniques thread. It will have all new pictures and videos and blah blah bl..... It's still a long way off, but it will be even longer if I can't fix my one major problem..
I'm recording onto a panasonic mini DV camcorder, but the trouble is when I load the video onto my computer the files are over 450 mb  :o So obviously I need to reduce the file size, problem is degradation.  I've tried rendering the video through video eplosion and windows movie maker.
Answers please  ???

Traditionalist

http://www.divx.com/

http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/converter/

My last post here, I am going to get on with my fishing, try to enjoy life, and concentrate on questions to which I do not know the answers.  I will not be answering any more questions either, it seems it upsets people. No big deal.

Lots of success with the videos.

MC

scotfly

I did think about divX traditionalist, but the problem is anybody who wants to see the video would have to download the player.

sandyborthwick

MC your answers and opinions never upset me and i'm only too happy to hear your opinions - they're very useful.

Sandy B.O.

superscot

QuoteMy last post here, I am going to get on with my fishing, try to enjoy life, and concentrate on questions to which I do not know the answers.  I will not be answering any more questions either, it seems it upsets people. No big deal.

Has always been a pleasure to view your posts ...has some one been upsetting you !

Scotfly really down to the video editing software you are using ...I use Pinnacle 10.? Or so and not the really unstable version 11.?
It then gives me the choice of what format to save ...a couple of screen grabs of the choices i have ...and you have to mind the more you compress the more quality you tend to lose 

Traditionalist

Quote from: scotfly on December 17, 2007, 01:36:57 PM
I did think about divX traditionalist, but the problem is anybody who wants to see the video would have to download the player.

Whatever, some software is invariably needed to play videos, and many people have DivX installed. The Player and plug-ins are free. You can also get the compressing software  free for a limited time now;

http://www.divx.com/dff/index.php?lang=en&version=win

MC

The General

Mike I saw the post that has bothered you.   I think though in general most people on here find your posts interesting and are
intelligent enough to put a reasoned argument without getting personal, if they do not agree with all that is being said.
Early in my membership of the forum I posted a reply to a post that I thought was humourous and friendly but the retort I got
certainly put my gas at a peep.
If you choose to go then please know that anything I will do anything to help if you are visiting in or around Inverness.

All the best
Davie

scotfly

Quote from: superscot on December 17, 2007, 02:07:38 PM
Scotfly really down to the video editing software you are using ...I use Pinnacle 10.? Or so and not the really unstable version 11.?
It then gives me the choice of what format to save ...a couple of screen grabs of the choices i have ...and you have to mind the more you compress the more quality you tend to lose 

I'll have to look into the software superscot, although video explosion gives me those options too.
Maybe time to hit the techie sites... OMG they speak a language of their own!

superscot

QuotePresume you refer to Bandy's christmas present list thread. A number of people took a ribbing in this post which it seems clear to me was only meant as a bit of fun. To go off in the huff over a lighthearted remark like that would seem a great pity. Your choice obviously.

A bit of festive fun was how i took it ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: crocach on December 17, 2007, 04:17:09 PM
it seems clear to me was only meant as a bit of fun

naw naw, I ken him well. That Bandy bloke is a nasty  fascist bastard and hideous to behold.   :biglaugh;

............but getting back to the thread……………..I too am getting into video but  being a grippy naturalised Aberdeenshire-donian of some 25 years experience,  I'm waiting until after Xmas to buy a camera as I'll get een  a wee bit chaepir then (the Yamaha 12 string on the wall behind me cost over ?100 less a few years ago by following this mode of buying). So I too am very interested in this thread. I have read that a dual core processor with at least a few gig of memory is recommended.

By the way Dennis, that example video is great. Looking forward to the end product. Thanks for making the effort, great work as ever.

Go To Front Page