News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Barn owls

Started by 3 weight, June 05, 2008, 03:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3 weight

This probably isnt worthy of a thread but i saw one of these beautiful birds tonight. made my day so it did.  :D

Fishtales

The one and only time I have ever seen one was when fishing the Forth at Buchlyvie. I think a pair were nesting in one of the old barns. Beautiful birds.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

3 weight

I've seen four in total, all in the kelvin valley between twechar and banknock. This is the first time ive seen one in summer though, its a shame there so rare.

paulr

I saw one out near Strathblane a few weeks ago.
When fishing the Lanarkshire Avon at dusk i always see one at the same spot,you could set your watch by it.

rabbitangler

They fair put the shits up you if they fly in front of your car!!!! Looks like a monster moth coming to avenge all it's family members you've squashed on your windscreen over the years :shock:

haresear

QuoteThey fair put the shits up you if they fly in front of your car!!!! Looks like a monster moth coming to avenge all it's family members you've squashed on your windscreen over the years

:lol:I'll second that. Happened to us on the motorway once.

Alex
Protect the edge.

superscot

Came across one up at Loch Awe a few years back ...silent flight ..about crapped maself as it came oot the tree just in front of us

rabbitangler

Quote from: superscot on June 05, 2008, 11:50:04 PM
Came across one up at Loch Awe a few years back ...silent flight ..about crapped maself as it came oot the tree just in front of us

Funny how the worlds changed (for the better). I lived the first 25 years of my life in glasgow and the first buzzard I ever saw was at loch awe when I was 18!! Now they're everywhere.

Mon ra raptors

burnie

Angus is a good place for Owls,Shorteared on the hills , Tawny and Longeared in the woods and quite a few Barn Owls scattered about.This time of year is a good time to see them as they are hunting more to feed their chicks.Barn Owls are are often seen near to Rescobie Loch on the Montrose to Forfar road if that's any help.

Scotaidh

I saw a pair of barn owls at Moor of Rannoch hotel last year, made some racket until the spotted me and flew away, rather fast.

Go To Front Page