News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River Chatter

Lovin' the segmented body on that one Col.  :8)

Harpo

Aye Col, that's nice I was thinking about March Brows as well...might have a go at something similar.

Do you get March Brown hatches on the Almond?, haven't seen any before :?

alba

bibio1

Great flees lad and some needed inspiration. Needing to get a shift on and tie up some flees for the rivers. Starting from scratch, but some of the flees on the forum do get you thinking so some of these are  bits and bobs from others but then again  what flys are not. Reading the stuart crofts article got me thinking about silver under bodies on a CDC emerger so I am going to give them a right go.

Also who uses wool now? I can't see past it for dubbing on river flees, cheap and easily mixed for colour. Infact its the best dubbing you can get but can you buy it in GAC. Naw. As for flee bodies though IMHO stripped peacock looks best but not had a lot of success with it. My favorite river flees are the last two. they look like you should chuck them in the bin but they do deceive fish.

paul

Black-Don

As Churchill the Bulldog would say Paul

Ooooh, yes !  :8)

On a more serious note, re. wool for dubbing I'm sure some of the first Zulu patterns I tied as a kid recommended wool for dubbing as well as the tail. None of this namby pamby seals fur stuff or the like.  :wink:

Clan Chief

Lorevly!. The Flees, no the dug and the burd.  :lol:

River Chatter

Nice flees Paul.  I think the issue with wool is that it holds water while seal's fure repels it, so wools ok for a Zulu or other wet pattern, but not so good for a dry.  A bit of floatant might make this redundant tho. 

BTW, anyone know who removed Linda Lusardi's money-maker? As Hermes Conrad from Futurama said, 'No not my torso... my beautiful torso!'

River Chatter

Chinook? Shouldn't that be a salmon fly?

Clan Chief

A very apt name for yer flee. Never seen anything like it before. Its very difficult to be original in fly tying
but I reckon you have managed it. Very well done!  :D

Malcolm

That's a cracking fly Col. I've been tying up a load of "double" flies like the double caenis, olive spinner and comparadun  this winter but nothing like that one. I'll soon sort that omission out!
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Go To Front Page